During 2019 and the initial rise of COVID, Norfolk Baseball had to postpone it’s regular season. As a result, this led to some baseball being played in the fall. Although not ideal to miss Spring, the community enjoyed playing Fall Baseball. Since then, the Board has received continuing requests to institute a program for Fall baseball for those kids that want to continue to play.
Today, we are pleased to announce the formal launch of a Norfolk Baseball Fall Ball program, the details of which can be found in our programs section. In summary, we have formed a league with other towns in the area to continue play in the months of September and October. While our Spring season is focused on development, and our Summer focused on competition, our Fall program is meant to be more recreational for those kids who want to continue their baseball experience, particularly with kids playing a lot of other Fall sports like Soccer and Football. Exact schedule information will be announced as we get closer to the date, but some initial details below:
– The season will be approximately 6-8 weeks during the months of September through October
– Many of the towns involved have facilities with lighting, so there will be evening games
– Games will take place on weeknights and weekends with practices fit in based on individual team and field availability
– Norfolk Baseball is and will be working directly with Soccer and Football to ensure there is as little crossover/double booking as possible.
– Teams will be formed from approximately grades 3 through 7. Based on registration numbers, there could be multiple teams at some grade levels or some grades could be combined.
– We will use the summer uniforms, so if you already have one, you can continue using it in Fall. If not, there will be a small upcharge.
As a new program, we are offering registration in year one for the very low rate of $75!
Registration is now open! Please click here to register. Please make sure to check the appropriate box on the registration form if you did indeed play summer baseball to save $15 on the uniform!
Please reach out to Chris Curry for any additional questions.